lego12...@yandex.ru wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 03:19:26PM -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
>
>> If you only sync once a day, then yes, you'll only have to rebuild once
>> a day. I sync considerably more than that though, and besides, it takes
>> me about a week to emerge -e @world.
> Just interesting, why you need to sync every day?
> And why you need emerge -e, if you can use emerge -auND?

Might be because Michael is a Gentoo developer.  They have to sync a lot
as they make changes to the tree.

The two commands do different things.  Using emerge -e calculates
rebuilding every package while emerge -auDN only looks for certain
updates.  Each can be useful even if not allowed to complete.

Dale

:-)  :-)