Hi Majid,

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 01:04:48PM +0100, Majid Hussain wrote:
> hi there,
> i'm blind and wanted to get started with gentoo.
> what's accessibility like?
> is there speech via orca the screen reader or sound on the minimal iso
> via espeakup provided?
> I red this document,
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Accessibility
> which seembs to be up-to-date, is there a update on this?
> not sure if this was the correct place to post my question?
> i'm a complete newb with gentoo I would be greatfull for your assistence,
> i'm looking for an adventure.

Yes, speakup and espeakup are available on the iso, and orca is
available in gnome. I haven't used gnome myself (I mostly use the
commandline via ssh) so I can't comment a whole lot about orca.

We also have brltty and emacspeak available in the repository. I don't
really use them personally so I haven't looked at them in some time.

Please feel free to ask any questions and welcome to Gentoo. :-)

William