On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 9:22 AM Matt Connell (Gmail) <
matthewdconn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2020-05-05 10:38, tu...@posteo.de wrote:
> > Is Firefox/Waterfox able to interface with jackd?
>
> Disclaimer, I do not use Jack.
>
> Firefox builds, in my personal experience, are intended to be used with
> pulseaudio and only pulseaudio.  Some people have made some shims for
> making it worth with alsa, but they don't look sustainable.
>
> As the other poster said, this endeavor is likely to result in
> frustration.  You may get it to 'work' for some value of that word, but
> depending on expectations, it may not be worth your while.

I think Matt makes an excellent point. The solution you're looking for
these days really
is pulseaudio, not Jack. pulseaudio handles multiple sound source
applications, can
route to multiple sound cards, and provides rudimentary metering so you can
see
what's going on. I have no experience using it on anything other than KDE
but these
days I feel it does a good job at what it's designed for.