On 05/06 09:16, Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 12:21:00PM +0200, tu...@posteo.de wrote
>
> > Does everyone has the same problems probably already solved
> > or any idea how I can those freezes?
>
>   It looks like blender is a heavy-duty program that bogs down your
> system.  You could buy a new machine, or you could try the "nice"
> command.  The tradeoff is that your system becomes more responsive
> because the program is launched with a lower priority.  The usual
> priority levels range from 20 (lowest priority for your program) to
> -19 (highest priority for your program).  Note that you have to use
> root or sudo to use negative nice-level (higher priority).  See website
> https://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/manual/html_node/nice-invocation.html#nice-invocation
> because the "man nice" page sucks.
>
>   In your case, you could de-prioritize blender to the lowest level by
> launching it like so...
>
> nice -n 20 blender <usual blender args>
>
> --
> Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>
> I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications

Hi Walter,

Thanks for you help and info!

Buying a new machine is not an option, I bought this one
a month ago. Take a look the specs.

Nice will also not help, since it is kinda "lock" that suddenly
kicks in. This is only an example: If a programm acquires the
system bus and hold it due to a programming error, the system freezes.
A nice would not help, since no one, who probablu could help to
get out of this situation will get no processing time.

Sorry if I made myself not clear enough in this regard...I am
no native speaker.

Cheers!
Meino