Raphael MD wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I’ve booted my system with a gentoo live cd, just to figure out my
> system drivers and modules to configure the kernel, because it’s
> difficult to realize what drive my intel Ethernet card uses and many
> others.
>
> Are there  some command to extract that list to configure the kernel?
>
> In fact, are there some manual to help to configure the kernel in the
> best way?
>
>  Usually I configure my Zen processor, put my schedule, and set
> preemptive kernel to low latency and put out every other drive.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> M.S. Raphael Mejias Dias
> ​Nuclear Engineer | Reactors
>
> Secure e-mail: raphael.mejias.d...@protonmail.com
> <mailto:raphael.mejias.d...@protonmail.com>
> PGP Key for raph...@gmail.com <mailto:raph...@gmail.com>:
> https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x87BC5A746072F951

Generally a person installs from some sort of Linux bootable device, CD,
DVD, USB stick or something.  If everything works as it should, the
easiest way I know to get a list of drivers, lspci -k should work.  If
you want to narrow down to the drivers themselves, you can do it like this:

root@fireball / # lspci -k | grep driver
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
        Kernel driver in use: ohci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: ohci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: piix4_smbus
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel driver in use: ohci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: pcieport
        Kernel driver in use: ohci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci
        Kernel driver in use: k10temp
        Kernel driver in use: fam15h_power
        Kernel driver in use: nvidia
        Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
        Kernel driver in use: xhci_hcd
        Kernel driver in use: r8169
        Kernel driver in use: dmfe
        Kernel driver in use: ahci
root@fireball / #

At that point, you can use those names to search for the driver and
enable them.  That's the way I've done it in the past and it gives you a
very high chance of a working kernel for all hardware.  If you want to
see what each driver drives, just leave off the grep part.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-)  :-)