‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Friday, July 17, 2020 8:56 PM, J. Roeleveld <jo...@antarean.org> wrote:

> Looks nice. Except for:
> I like having a GUI where I can easily access the different account details.

how about:
    `nsapass list | less`
?

(thinking to let nsapass automatically pipe list's
output to `less`)

> Does it use Keepass databases? Or something you designed yourself?

myself.  it's just an encrypted json file.  you
can decrypt it by `scrypt dec path/to/db.enc` to
see how stupidly simple it is.

(to create it, use `nsapass gen 25 printable` to
generate an entry quickly, or `nsapass add UNAME
PWORD NOTE` for a manual approach).

> Can it work with password database files that are stored on a central server
> without having to change the code?

no.  i personally sync my passwords file with git
(as i also sync my configs).

> A password database with NSA in the name does not inspire confidence.

it's like making a bear gag.  if you run away from
bear, bear may chase you.  but instead if you
stand, and put your fist in bear's mouth, the bear
gags and runs away.

i wonder if this would make nsa gag and run away?
on the other hand, but if it was named
BlockchainedTorPass, they would be probably
sniffing at it day long.

the name is a joke though.  i thought it is funny
(someone suggested it to me and i liked it).

just to clarify, i am not even against nsa.  imo
nsa people are actually good guys that try to
audit suspects to ensure longer stability and
peace, and it's disappointing that they get a bad
image in media.

that said, i just like having a personal space
that its boundaries are respected.  if anyone
wants my data, i want him to take it with my
approval.