On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 06:47:50 +0200, Ramon Fischer wrote:

> I have set up my first ebuild repository[1] with one package
> "x11-misc/drm_master_util" to run "X" without root privileges. I am
> still making it to work[2]. The ebuild file accesses an external git
> repository[3].
>
> The thing I am concerned about, is, that I am pulling something from an
> external source, which I am installing on my system and giving it root
> privileges[4].

Isn't that the case with any software you install? If your concern is
that you are pulling from a git repository, so the code could change at
any minute, you can use the git eclass to pull a specified branch or
commit, so you know what you are getting.

--
Neil Bothwick

Anything is possible if you don't know what
you are talking about.