Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2020 at 4:53 AM Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Neil Bothwick wrote:
>>
>>> I haven't used the Gentoo installer discs for years, but you should be
>>> able to create your own mount points.
>> Is it still supported?  I thought it was abandoned again a good while back.
>> That thing has come and gone so many times, I can't keep up with when it is
>> active or isn't.
>>
> The minimal CD, or creating mountpoints?  The former has always
> existed, and the latter has existed since the 70s.
>
> And please add non-html quotes - I really don't want to have to edit
> replies...
>
> As far as the minimal CD goes, you an just create mountpoints, but
> really I'm not sure why anybody uses it in the first place.  I just
> use a liveCD from ubuntu or whatever - there are a bazillion liveCDs
> (including Gentoo-based ones), and just about all of them are more
> useful than the Gentoo minimal iso.  I'm not sure why we even produce
> one, except maybe for the same reasons everybody sets the default
> editor to nano.  :)

I was talking about the Gentoo installer.  I'm thinking the OP is using
the installer to install Gentoo.  I'm not sure of it but it's possible.
I noticed in one post that the OP seems to be using a text to speech
tool which may be the reason they are using a installer.  It may be
easier that way.

Seamonkey does its own thing with email replies.  It seems to be based
on what others do and ignores what I've told it.  I manually requested
plain text for this one but to be honest, I'm not holding my breath on
it listening.  All emails going to gentoo.org or kde.org are supposed to
be plain text only.  It's been set that way for many years now and it
worked until a good while back.  I've done my part and told it.  I can't
fix it.  Maybe it's a feature.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)