If I use this in boot parameters, along with an msdos disk label is it
likely I'd be able to partition all of a 3tb hard drive?
Last gentoo install failed, I expect uefi and gpt and grub:2 combination
was not good for my hardware.  I had to use the grub-install line in the
Handbook that had --removable on it since the one above it wouldn't work.
This time, I'm going for lilo, it should be easier to put
speakup.synth=soft on lilo's command line too.  The boot of the failed
system was entirely silent and that was after I enabled the tune in grub
then updated the configuration for grub.  I'm okay with the failure since
every time I fail, I learn a little more.