On 2020-10-30, John Blinka <john.bli...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks so much!  That explanation would account for what I’m seeing.  A
> quick tour of the tv’s setup menu and a glance at the documentation didn’t
> offer an obvious remedy, but your suggestions and knowing now to Google for
> “overscan” will help immensely.

Some TVs don't provide a remedy. Others do, but it may be something
pretty obscure. One of my LG TVs allows you to assign a "label" to
each input. The labels are selected from a pre-defined list. If you
select the "PC" label, it disables overscan. IIRC, this wasn't
documented anywhere (I stumbled across the info in a home-theater
forum). On my other LG, that doesn't work (there appears to be no way
to eliminate overscan).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Is it clean in other
                                  at               dimensions?