According to [1] my Nvidia GT520 needs FW for VP4.2 video acceleration support.
I found there is a Gentoo package which seems to provide the Nvidia FW.
According to [2] my card should be part of NVC0 family (Fermi), in particular
code name NVD9 (GF119). Nvidia-firmware contains binaries with names that
somehow resemble the nvc0 of the family name (e.g. nvc0_bsp, nvc0_fuc084,
nvco_fuc085, nvc0_ppp...) but I am not at all sure how should I use them.

Should I embed them in the kernel as I do for e.g. the AMD drivers?
How do I verify they are correctly loaded when needed?

Thanks,

Raffaele

[1] https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/VideoAcceleration.html
[2] https://nouveau.freedesktop.org/CodeNames.html