On 10/28/05, Grimaldy Soto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Good Day.

Guys i wanna configure so i can see a beautiful background when my machine is upload it..

I'm using the gensplash in 5 easy steps to do this, but there are something that i wanna know..

For example i'm using the 2.6.13-r6 Sources Kernel , i remembered that i active the framebuffer support, so i suppossed that i don't need to reconfigure and compile the kernel again..

If not please let me know.

Anyway i wanna know a way of to know if i need reconfigure the kernel again..
i've emerge splashutils and also livecd 2005.1 bootsplash theme the which is the one that i wanna configure, i did #mount /boot
later this
Create an initramfs image for fbsplash:
   # splash_geninitramfs -v -g /boot/fbsplash-emergence-1024x768 -r 1024x768 emergence

and also this

# splash_geninitramfs -v -g /etc/fbsplash-livecd-2005.1 -r 1024x768 livecd-2005.1

But whichever command do i used i received the same error or warning

o creating directory structure..
o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
o copying themes..
 - emergence
warning: config file for theme 'emergence' , resolution 1024x768 does not exist!
o creating initramfs image..
-----------------
o creating directory structure..
o copying /sbin/splash_helper..
o copying themes..
 - default
warning: config file for theme 'default' , resolution 1024x768 does not exist!
o creating initramfs image..

I have in /etc/splash
the folder livecd-2005.1 and the emergance too

Could somebody please help me??

Regards

I'm reading right now
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_fbsplash

But i cannot find help

If you follow the howto on the wiki you should get it working easily. I used that howto following the roll your own kernel build version (I never use genkernel) on about a dozen machines with varying hardware configurations and have always had success, it just takes some work sometimes.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"