On 10/28/05, A. Khattri <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, Matt Randolph wrote:

> If you must have a biometric scanner for security, there are much
> cheaper ways to do it. I just found a 512MB Sandisk Cruzer Profile for
> $55. It is a thumbdrive and a fingerprint scanner combined. Add a
> Knoppix CD and you have the same functionality as this device. Except
> the BlackDog only has a 400MHz PPC CPU and 64MB RAM. This is probably
> slower than the host computer will be and it probably has less RAM too.
> Also, everything like networking, video, and disk activity must be
> squeezed through the USB bus when you use this device. With Knoppix, you
> use the PCI and AGP busses of the host computer for these things.
> Knoppix should be much faster than this device for most purposes.

Not trying to knock what you're saying but in terms of requirements, both
a Knoppix CD and a Blackdog box require a host computer of some kind.

Its not really wearable but has anyone considered tablet pc's? They are small (roughly the dimensions of a piece of paper) and about as thick as a pack of looseleaf paper. I had an HP TC1100 with Mandrivle on it and it worked pretty nice.

-Mike

--
Michael E. Crute

Linux, because reboots are for installing hardware.
"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"