John Green wrote:

Hi,

I never did get Intel wireless networking working with 2.6.13.x.

I just tried with kernel 2.6.14, and I get compilation errors when I try
to emerge
ieee80211.  It complained about lots of incompatible ieee80211 filles in
the Linux kernel  sources, but still failed when I removed the
complained-about files
by hand.  The most recent error messages looked like this

The 2.6.14 kernel includes the ipw2100 & ipw2200 drivers, so you do not need to merge the external drivers or ieee80211, just the firmware.

However, I think the in-kernel version is lagging slightly behind the external version. For my ipw2200, the external version loads firmware version 2.4, while the in-kernel version loads v2.2.

Fortunately both work for me, so I don't care. If you want to try 2.6.14, just enable:

Networking --->
   <M> Generic IEEE 802.11 Networking Stack
   <M>   IEEE 802.11 WEP encryption

Device Drivers --->
   Network device support --->
      Wireless LAN (non-hamradio) --->
         [*] Wireless LAN drivers (non-hamradio) & Wireless Extensions
         <M>   Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 Network Connection

Good luck,
-Richard