https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pfbMAMz5Btbyx7tAJ90c2KXDKeMRWBOA/view?usp=sharing

> > In this case I'm shooting digital pictures on a modern DSLR with a lens
> > originally built in the 1970's for film cameras. As such it does not
> > report to the camera it's focal length and fstop which are filled in
> > with default values by the camera at 50mm and f/0. The lens is actually
> > a 200mm lens with fstops 4 to 22. I'd like to edit those two values if
> > possible.
>
> You can do it from the command line with media-libs/exiftool. Dolphin
> only shows the values here, I wonder if there might be a plugin for
> editing.

I suspect learning to do it from the command line is my best long-term
answer. This is mostly about astrophotography where I set up a shot and
then do 100's of exposures. They all have the same values so finding a way
to edit 300 or even 1000 files at one time from the command line is my best
case. I currently put them in folders that are labeled but eventually
things get copied and moved around and I wanted a better solution.

Stunning how many other parameters are attached to the source file and not
shown in Dolphin. I had no idea that Canon actually has 256 parameters
according to a pipe through wc.

Thanks very  much Neil. This is the exact solution I was looking for.

Cheers,
Mark