Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2020-12-10, Michael <confabul...@kintzios.com> wrote:
>>> There's no need for the two-step process:
>>>
>>> $ convert scan1.png scan2.png scanned.pdf
>> There was some vulnerability in ghostscript[1] which disabled the above
>> conversion - but I can't find the BGO number.  I thought it had been patched
>> since then, but my system appears to not have been fixed:
>>
>> $ convert scan1.jpg scan2.jpg scan.pdf
>> convert: attempt to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy
>> `PDF' @ error/constitute.c/IsCoderAuthorized/422.
>>
>> [1] https://www.kb.cert.org/vuls/id/332928/
> You're right. You have to adjust the ImageMagick config files to allow
> converting to pdf. AFAICT, it's safe as long as you trust the input
> you're converting. I figure photos I've taken are OK.
>
> --
> Grant

I tried this in XSane but couldn't figure out how to get it to scan two
pages with me clicking something when the second page is ready.  It
scanned first page, then scanned the second without giving me a chance
to flip it over.  So, XSane didn't work this time.  Maybe I'm doing
something wrong.

So, convert was my next test.  I scanned in both sides, cd'd to the
directory where the files were and issued the command Grant provided.
At first, I got the security error.  I dug around a bit and figured out
how to tell it to ignore that and tried again.  YEPPIE!!!  It worked.  I
opened it in a pdf viewer and it was two pages.  I don't need to print
this one but I can send it to a friend since it is her mail, sort of.
If I needed to print it, it should print duplex just fine.

It's command line but it works.  It's awesome.  Still open to
suggestions but for now, I got something working.  It's easier than
using LOo for sure.

Dale

:-)  :-)