On 2020-12-14, the...@sys-concept.com <the...@sys-concept.com> wrote:

> I removed "vfat" boot partition and created/change it to ext2
>
> But now when i try to install grub:
>
> grub-install /dev/nvme0n1p2
> Installing for i386-pc platform.
> grub-install: warning: File system `ext2' doesn't support embedding.
> grub-install: warning: Embedding is not possible.  GRUB can only be installed
> in this setup by using blocklists.  However, blocklists are UNRELIABLE and
> their use is discouraged..
> grub-install: error: will not proceed with blocklists.
>
> Is it something that is going to create problem?

If you want to install grub in an ext2 partition, you'll need to use
the --force option to get grub2 to use blocklists. After you've done
that, you need to make the critical file immutable so that it can't be
altered or moved:

 # chattr +i /boot/grub/i386-pc/core.img

If you ever need to update grub, you'll have to unlock that file using
'chattr -i'.

--
Grant