On 12/19/20 11:45 AM, William Kenworthy wrote:

Backtracking rarely helps in my experience.

check the blocks: using --nodeps forces the install, then it may work
(you may have to add to package.accept_keywords etc. to cover that angle
- but I am on arm and arm64 where the most difficult of the python
problems happened for me)

I also have:

USE_PYTHON="3.8"
PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8"
PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"

*** a number of packages from overlays I am using don't like 3.9 so I
removed it)

I have a number of intel, arm and arm64 and virtualised systems and all
have problems with python in some way or other - I could only remove the
python targets on a couple of them.  After a mass update, I have been
trying to remove the targets but its only working for a few so far, and
they are not stable.

Thank you, I'll try.

I wish python would just go away and perl gets brought back - a lot less
drama ...

:-) ah yeah ...