Neil Bothwick wrote:

>>> Renaming them now is trivial, man vgrename. Doing it after the system
>>> has died can be less so.
>> I didn't know that.  It seems every time I learn something about LVM, it
>> just gets better.  You wouldn't have some examples handy by any chance
>> would you?
> Not really, it's been a while since I needed to do it, but if you are
> mounting by LABEL in fstab, it's just a matter of running vgrename to
> give it a new name. If you are mounting by /dev/mapper nodes, you'll need
> to edit fstab too.
>
> You'll also need to change your kernel options if root is on the VG you
> renamed.

I think I get the idea but examples help make it more clear.  I quite
often find myself googling for examples of something.  Once I look at
examples, hopefully with some nice comments, then I can usually figure
how to make something work like I want, even if it is different from the
examples.  Sadly, I couldn't get that with some video players recently.
I literally copy and pasted the config and the mouse doesn't control
anything.  I'm not sure what to make of that.  :/  At least the keyboard
keys work.

I do use LABELS so I'm good there.  Most everything is in LVM but / and
/boot is not.  You know me and the init thingys.  Bad enough to deal
with what I got.  lol

On the other topic.  I found this.

https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/node/node-804/black/

I found them on Ebay, brand new even, at around $100.  That thing is
NIFTY.  Lots of hard drives and doesn't cost a arm and a leg, plus maybe
a head as well.  Some of those cases get expensive quick and hold a lot
fewer drives.

Still like the raspberry type thingys power wise tho.  It would need a
really good power supply tho.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :_)