On 1/29/21 6:37 AM, Grant Edwards wrote:
My brain knows that. My fingers only partially so.

I *completely* understand.

I now manage to use 'ip addr' instead of ifconfig _most_ of the time. I still almost always use 'route' instead of of 'ip route'. I figure in another 20 years, I will have managed a complete transition.

Interestingly enough, routing is one of the things that pushed me to using iproute2. Specifically things related to policy based routing (PBR) and multi-path routing. It's my understanding that the traditional route command can't handle either of these.

And I didn't even know computer museums were hiring.

Nope.

It's just personal hobbies.

:)

It can be a bit disorienting when I see an unfamiliar message signed by Grant.

Yep.

More than once I've seen a message from "Grant" and thought "but I didn't write...oh!".

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die