On Sat, 13 Feb 2021 12:19:42 -0500,
Rich Freeman wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 9:39 AM John Covici <cov...@ccs.covici.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.  I am having problems running dracut 0.51-r2 and 0.50-r2.  The
> > problem is that I have two  install_items lines like this
> > install_items+= /etc/modprobe.d/zfs.conf
> > install_items+= /etc/systemd/system/initrd-switch-root.service
> >

> I'd keep the two separate lines and add --debug to the command line
> (and anything else verbosity-related, consider strace if that doesn't
> give you clues).  Your issue is with generation and not boot (right
> now), so just focus on the actual build process.
>
> Haven't seen this issue and will take a look as I run dracut+zfs, but
> any debugging output you can get out of this will probably help.

I got private mail from someone -- I also posted to the initramfs
mailing list, and he suggested to do --install followed by the string
from the command line and dracut took it!  Have not tried to reboot
with that kernel yet, but I thought I'd put this out in case someone
else runs into this.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici wb2una