On 2/17/2021 3:50 AM, gevisz wrote:
  I had problems with it from the very beginning in the sense that it is
quite often doesn't see my SATA disks on the first boot (though, on the second
reboot it usually finds them). It is also quite often that it stops booting
the legacy operating system and automatically reboots before showing
a login screen.

I bought it somewhere in 2006 together with a Gigabyte S-series GA-MA69GM-S2H
motherboard, which I have been intensively using every day since then and never
had any problem.

  If was giving problems from the start,  it probably just needs the BIOS updated.
  F4 BIOS may address this issue:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-MA69GM-S2H-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios