Hello everybody,

This is too weird. Just did a re-emerge of grub onto a
tiny(80M) hd as /dev/hda for /dev/hdb, my main drive.
Grub seems to boot OK. When I alternately hit pause
and enter in the boot console everything seems to go
fine. Everything it looks for is found and loaded;
there are no error msgs. The last line says:

Running "install /grub/stage1 (hd0)(hd0) 1+16 p
(hd0,0) grub /stage2 grub/menu.lst...succeeded"

(I copied it out in longhand, but that seems pretty
close). Then the box just reboots. Drawing a blank
here. Anybody got a clue?

-mw