Hi,

Do services started in the "boot" runlevel continue to run in the "default" runlevel?

Or do they get stopped as part of transitioning from the "boot" runlevel to the "default" runlevel? (Or any other runlevel that doesn't include the service.

I'm wondering about having two things that are very similar (as in use the same ports), but distinctly different (different configurations) with the following:

myService-boot    | boot
myService-default |      default

Will myService-boot start and run during boot, then stop when the system goes into the default runlevel?

My expectation is that OpenRC will (try to) start myService-default when the system enters the default runlevel. But it will fail if myService-boot is still running.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die