On Thu, 13 May 2021 03:19:54 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:

> > Most likely in /var/log/messages. The bad thing about dmesg, I think
> > it resets when rebooting which erases previous info.
> >
> > As Mark pointed out, you need to go back to the time before it starts
> > adding the boot up process.
>
>   No help.  /var/log/messages goes straight from iptables messages to
> bootup with no indication of shutdown...

That's not surprising, the messages are cached before writing to disk, so
the most recent messages will be lost. You could try mounting the
filesystem containing /var with sync, which will at least avoid the disk
writes being cached. It's possible that syslog-ng also caches write, in
which case you'll also need to look for an option to prevent that.

--
Neil Bothwick

Math and alcohol don't mix. Don't drink and derive.