On Monday 31 October 2005 22:02, Mark Knecht wrote:
>    My question is whether I can put Gentoo on the external drive and
> get Apple's Open Firmware to boot Gentoo. I do not really want to put
> Gentoo on the internal drive, at least right now. I'd love to be able
> to use an external drive to boot to Gentoo instead of OS X.

I don't know, but reckon you can.
Do you know why I think that? I can use my apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse
with no linux bluetooth support, use them to install gentoo from the livecd,
and even get it to boot from cd (hold c while turning it on).
Also, yaboot ultimately references openfirmware device names, which should be
available at power on.

--
Mike Williams