Hello, Gentoo.

I used to have a utility pm-suspend which would suspend the current
state of the machine to RAM (or, maybe to the swap partition) and shut
the machine down to a resting state.  A keypress or mouse movement would
restore full functionality in a few seconds.

I think I lost this program in the emerge --depclean I did a couple of
months ago (the one that wanted to make my machine unbootable).

Is there anything to take its place?  In particular I want actively to
put the machine into resting state (as opposed to it happening after a
period of inactivity), and I would prefer to do this without having to
start a GUI session.

I feel there must be something like this in portage, I just don't know
how to find it.

Thanks for the help!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).