On Sunday, 19 September 2021 19.15.50 CEST lum...@disroot.org wrote:
> The worst thing for OpenRC
> (native, by default and alternative to systemd) is to adopt binaries
> from it

Hi,

Those binaries (I'm assuming you're talking about udev and tmpfilesd)
don't really have any overlap with what OpenRC does (init/service
management) and from what I can see it's the exact same situation for s6
so the same systemd code would still be required. I'm not saying that s6
support is a bad thing but the reason you state for adding it seems out
of place.

There's an existing s6 eclass that installs s6 services; as far as I can
see, a total of 2 packages use it right now. My guess is that the reason
why there's no s6 support across the board yet is lack of interest. You
could either create a dedicated overlay or submit patches to the gentoo
repository to directly add support to more packages.

-Marco