On Thu, 18 Nov 2021 09:12:41 +0100, J. Roeleveld wrote:

> I've never been happy with genkernel and roll my own using a
> config-file that's configured directly into the kernel.
> All it needs to do is enable LVM, mount the partitions and then
> continue with booting. On my laptop, it also decrypts the partition
> that contains LVM. All very simple and easy.

I used to do the same, building the initramfs into the kernel, avoiding
the need for a separate file. But now I use dracut, which does it all for
me without the need for me to keep on top it.

--
Neil Bothwick

Quality control, n.:
  Assuring that the quality of a product does not get out of hand
   and add to the cost of its manufacture or design.