On Tue, 2021-11-23 at 18:14 -0500, Jack wrote:
> OK, here's something.
>
> I changed my stable version of ca-certificates from -cacert to
> cacert,
> and now I get the same failure you do.  So - it's due to either
> something in nss-cacert-class1-class3-r2.patch which only gets
> applied
> if that USE flag is set, or to something else only done when that
> USE
> flag is set.
>
> I don't understand it, but it's a place to start - and note the note
> in
> the ebuild:
>
> # When triaging user reports, refer to our wiki for tips:
> #
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Certificates#Debugging_certificate_issues

Thanks Jack.

Interesting that it breaks for you as well now. Btw I haven't used
USE="cacert" (could be that I copied it wrong here), it's a additional
Certificate Authority which is not included by default in Mozilla
database as far as I understand. I have tried to change USE="cacert"
and rebuild app-misc/ca-certificates but no change when tested, which
to me is expected, but who knows what could be an issue.

I'll try to dig deeper into this. Initially I was hoping that someone
more familiar with the topic could jump in and suggest what to do next.

I did look at the wiki, but wiki uses openssl tools for debugging, and
I have no issues with openssl client connecting to this server :/ (so I
don't think it's useful in this case)

Regards,
Branko