On Saturday, 27 November 2021 12:59:49 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
> On 27/11/2021 12:41, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> > On Saturday, 27 November 2021 12:29:10 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
> >> Simple problem, after a kernel upgrade, virtualbox no longer works. This
> >> is to be expected, of course, BUT ...
> >>
> >> How do I fix it !!!
> >>
> >> What I always did on my old system was to re-emerge the modules.
> >>
> >> The docu says "emerge @module-rebuild".
> >>
> >> Both of these terminate with "nothing to rebuild".
> >>
> >> What else can I do?
> >
> > You could try 'emerge @x11-module-rebuild'.
>
> Same result - nothing to rebuild :-(
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

It may be worth mentioning ... I've noticed my MSWindows VirtualBox VMs are
malfunctioning when I launch them from within Plasma Wayland.  I can login,
but then lose the ability to click on anything or interact with the Windows
desktop.  Things work fine when I run them within Plasma in Xorg instead of
Wayland.