On 2021-11-28 05:20, Poncho wrote:
On 28.11.21 12:09, gevisz wrote:
I have just noticed that the tor-browser I downloaded from its
official site does not start any more. :(
However, it started just a few weeks ago, before a few previous updates. Downloading its latest version has not changed anything in this respect.

do you get any error message if you launch torbrowser from your terminal?

just a guess... but you probably need to enable wayland for x11-libs/gtk+:3

see https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/applications/tor-browser/-/issues/40693

Sorry, Poncho.  I didn't see your message when I replied.

However your solution works for me. I figured that getting wayland support would have required a lot more rebuilding, or I would have tried it days ago. I switched on the wayland flag for gtk+ (portage required it for mesa as well) and I was good to go.

Thanks much.

-Steve Freeman