On 21/12/2021 18:49, Spackman, Chris wrote:
Wow, sorry, didn't realize this was such a sore issue. Especially
considering we've already discussed several command line programs in
this thread.

To export:

1. press the red circular "export video" button (or go to File =>
    Export Project => Export Video);

2a. [optional] change the name of the video in the export window that
     pops up;

2b. press the "export video" button at the bottom of the window. Here,
     for me, the defaults work fine.

The problem is 2b. For me, it's an extremely simple case of "I gave you a dot ts file, I want a dot ts file back".

The act of importing the ts file into the project seems to throw that information away. I know a .ts is some sort of a container, with streams and whatnot, but I don't have a clue what's in it. Why should I?

All I know is I want to end up with EXACTLY the same sort of file I started with, and this seems exactly what most video editors don't have a clue how to do!

(Like a word .docx - I don't give a monkeys what's inside it, I don't need to, word takes care of all that. Why can't any half-decent video editor do the same?)

And yes, I have tried. You're hearing the screams of frustration from countless failed attempts.

Cheers,
Wol