Arve Barsnes wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2022 at 06:27, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The part it really doesn't like seems to be this:
>>
>> SyntaxError: Invalid filter specification 'ext=webm,ext=mp4'
>>
>> Can someone tell me what the new and improved yt-dlp wants in its conf
>> file to try for mp4 first and then webm?  Nothing I tried seems to
>> work.  :-(
> I have never used extension filtering before, but it might not be
> possible to specify a list, so then you need to make one extra format
> in your syntax. This worked for me:
>
> --format
> 'bv*[ext=webm][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/bv*[ext=mp4][width<=?1280]+bestaudio/best'
>
> Regards,
> Arve

That doesn't spit on my keyboard so it's a good start at least.  Time
will tell.  It's currently downloading a webm video.  I'd prefer a mp4
but it may not be available for that video.  Time will tell tho.  Later
on it might grab a mp4 and then I'll know it is getting mp4 when it
can.  Honestly tho, webm does work well.

Thanks much.  Will post updates later on how it's doing.  I'm also going
to study that to see if I can grasp what its doing.  What's different
about it.

Dale

:-)  :-)

P. S.  Can't wait for fiber internet to get here.  They ran the cable a
while back.  It's getting closer.  :-D