On 2022-03-12, Nikos Chantziaras <rea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/03/2022 18:03, Grant Edwards wrote:

>>> No. Unlike GCC, LLVM/Clang is always a cross-compiler.
>>
>> You can't use LLVM/Clang to compile for the host on which it's
>> running?
>
> Why not?

Because "LLVM/Clang is always a cross compiler".

A cross compiler is a compiler that compiles for a target
architecture/OS different than that of the host on which it is
running.

Therefore, LLVM/Clang always compiles for a target architecture/OS
different than that of the host on which it is running.

--
Grant