Hi,

    I am trying to use a raspberry pi (3B running gentoo 32bit, openrc)
to create a routed link between two access points (the rpi acting as a
client to both AP's) so I can access the monitoring port (6607, modbus)
from homeassistant.  One AP is an Huawei inverter with a built in
"island" access point that sets a default route to itself on clients via
dhcp.  I have a normal gentoo based Access Point for the house that also
sets a default route via dhcp.  What I need is a single default route to
my home network via the rpi from the Huawei inverter.

Both AP's connect ok from the rpi but the routing is wrong - I can ping
in both directions from the rpi, but only sometimes from devices further
hops away - can openrc even do this?  My experimenting so far is hit and
miss.  Trying to static route or override the default routes doesn't
survive a network glitch, and half the time doesn't seem to "take" at all.

A working example I could adapt would be great!

BillK