karlos schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I run into this compilation error when trying to emerge beagle:
>
> Calculating dependencies ...done!

> cp ../gtk-sharp.snk . cp ../AssemblyInfo.cs . /usr/bin/mcs
> -nowarn:0169,0612,0618 -unsafe -out:gdk-sharp.dll-target:library
> /r:../glib/glib-sharp.dll /r:../pango/pango-sharp.dll generated/*.cs
> ./EventButt on.cs ./EventClient.cs ./EventConfigure.cs
> ./EventCrossing.cs ./Event.cs ./Event DND.cs ./EventExpose.cs
> ./EventFocus.cs ./EventKey.cs ./EventMotion.cs ./EventPr operty.cs
> ./EventProximity.cs ./EventScroll.cs ./EventSelection.cs
> ./EventSettin g.cs ./EventVisibility.cs ./EventWindowState.cs
> ./Key.cs ./Size.cs ./TextPropert y.cs AssemblyInfo.cs
> generated/PangoHelper.cs(17,55): error CS0039: Cannot convert type
> `GLib.Object' to `Pango.Context' via a built-in conversion
> generated/PangoHelper.cs(51,55): error CS0039: Cannot convert type
> `GLib.Object' to `Pango.Context' via a built-in conversion
> Compilation failed: 2 error(s), 0 warnings
>

> Has anyone experienced similar errors? I am not sure about what
> information to include, so please tell me what I need to post.

I've experienced many errors in attempting to compile Beagle (before I
eventually succeeded), but not this one.

What I do know is that 1) beagle needs very specific compile order and
dependency versions to compile successfully, and 2) pango-sharp does not
exist in the Portage tree, or the gentopia overlay (so why you're
getting a pango error I don't know, but it seems a trifle odd).

The best sources of information for how to compile Beagle are

http://www.beagle-project.org/Gentoo_Installation

and

http://www.gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Beagle

Using these instructions, I was able to build Beagle successfully. The
only inaccuracy in the Wiki is that Beagle needs wv-1.0.3-r1
specifically; it will not compile against a lower version, or the
current 1.2.2 version (there's a bug on b.g.o to that effect, and I just
spent two days confirming it before I found it). So as long as you mask
">wv-1.0.3-r1", you should be good to go.

But other than that, if you follow the instructions, it should work. It
was a real pain to get installed, though; I will say that. However, it
is pretty cool.

HTH for a start,
Holly