Julien Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 6/19/22 21:38, Dale wrote:
>> Anyone have ideas on this?  I mess up something?  Catch the tree in a
>> bad state?  Something else I'm not aware of?  It's not making sense to
>> me yet.  :/
>
> sys-fs/udev has been replaced by a USE flag on the
> sys-apps/systemd-utils package. When you updated your system, portage
> most likely installed systemd-utils with the 'udev' USE flag by
> default. It also replaces sys-apps/systemd-tmpfiles, which is also
> included in your --depclean.
>
> You can read more about this change here :
> https://www.gentoo.org/support/news-items/2022-04-19-systemd-utils.html
>
> Regards,
> Julien

I don't recall that news item but for my memory, that was a long time
ago.  So, it is safe to remove udev and it is being replaced by
systemd-utils?  OK.  I can live with that.  I did a news list and
grepped for udev.  It didn't find that given that name and I may have
missed it with that name since I don't use systemd.  Oh well.

Now I got to remember to keep a eye out for changes to this instead of
udev.  o_O

Thanks much.

Dale

:-)  :-)