Dear Jack,

Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net> 于2022年7月27日周三 06:59写道:

> This list prefers bottom posting.  See below.
>
> On 2022.07.23 21:52, Fabulous Zhang Zheng wrote:
> > Dear Jack,
> >
> > thanks for your reply, I reconfigured menuconfig.
> >
> > NFS v2 support I found is client support, and I can't still find v2
> > support
> > for server ( sorry for not mentioning it in my ambiguous question )
> > I also looked up in forum and wiki, and recent posts seem to indicate
> > the removal of nfs v2 server support.
> >
> > I followed this link for open genera
> > ( https://archives.loomcom.com/genera/genera-install.html )
> > not in portage or an overlay.
> >
> > Best regards :)
> >
> > Jack <ostrof...@users.sourceforge.net> 于2022年7月24日周日 03:30写道:

> > the

> > > Looking at the config for 5.18.14, I see no evidence V2 has been
> > > deprecated.  However, your kernel may well have been configured to
> > not
> > > use V2.  Note the kernel has different client and server settings
> > for
> > > this.  Most likely, you just need to reconfigure and recompile your
> > > kernel.
> > >
> > > Also, I don't see any genera available in portage.  If it is in an
> > > overlay, I would check for any documentation in the overlay about
> > > necessary kernel configuration.
> > >
> > > Jack
> > >

> I am aware that NFSv2 is likely to be deprecated due to security
> concerns, but it hasn't happened yet in the Linux kernel.
>
> The entry (5.18.14) for "NFS server support (NFSD)" or CONFIG_NFSD: says
>
> -----
> Choose Y here if you want to allow other computers to access files
> residing on this system using Sun's Network File System protocol. To
> compile the NFS server support as a module, choose M here: the module
> will be called nfsd.
>
> You may choose to use a user-space NFS server instead, in which case
> you can choose N here.
>
> To export local file systems using NFS, you also need to install user
> space programs which can be found in the Linux nfs-utils package,
> available from http://linux-nfs.org/. More detail about the Linux NFS
> server implementation is available via the exports(5) man page.
>
> Below you can choose which versions of the NFS protocol are available
> to clients mounting the NFS server on this system. Support for NFS
> version 2 (RFC 1094) is always available when CONFIG_NFSD is selected.
> -----
>
> In addition, from just a very brief search, it is likely that there are
> other configuration files you may need to alter in order for the nfs
> server to actually respond to V2 requests.  This is likely how some
> distributions have blocked V2 from the default configuration.  Google
> is your friend.
>
> Jack

Sorry for the late reply,

I found this commit
<https://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/nfs-utils.git;a=commit;h=2c2c36c59fa1de2ff7fd28917e54700ecb39b730>
of last November, which might be the reason.
2.5.4 might be the last version with such support.

I emerged manually changed ebuild  and  $( rpcinfo -p localhost | grep nfs
)
explicitly indicates the version 2 of nfs, which runs successfully.

Thanks again for your dedicated and detailed reply,
and also the bottom-posting reminder.

Best regards :)