On 21/8/22 13:34, Grant Taylor wrote:
On 8/20/22 10:22 PM, William Kenworthy wrote:

If that is an Odroid XU4, then I strongly suspect that /dev/sda is passing through a USB interface.  So ... I'd take those numbers with a grain of salt.  --  If the system is working for you, then by all means more power to you.

I found that my Odroid XU4 was /almost/ fast enough to be my daily driver.  But the fan would kick in for some things and I didn't care for the noise of the stock fan.  I've not yet compared contemporary Raspberry Pi 4 or other comparable systems.

Samsung Exynos 5422 is developed on the 28 nm technology node and architecture Cortex-A15 / Cortex-A7. Its base clock speed is 1.40 GHz, and maximum clock speed in turbo boost - 2.10 GHz. Samsung Exynos 5422 contains 8 processing cores.

Instruction set (ISA)   ARMv7-A32 (32 bit)
Architecture    Cortex-A15 / Cortex-A7

Yes, its an xu4 and as I mentioned, its a USB drive (seagate 4G backup with an SMR inside) - works ok as a backup drive and the data transfer is fast until you fill the cache - then its throughput is best described as "miserable"!  The xu4 lists as 32bit and odroid supplies a 32 bit kernel etc - I just used their config as a base when building gentoo onto it - its my build (for 5 xu4 based HC2 systems) and hosts the backup drive.  My attaching the hdparm run was an example of its use, and that happened to be the terminal i was using at the time.

BillK