On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM Nuno Silva <nunojsi...@ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> On 2022-09-12, Guillermo García wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I bought a laptop and i got like 4 hours of batter life, everything
> > ok, (using more than 1 vm, etc), however now in idle my laptop has
> > only 1 hour of life, which is really annoying because its a brand new
> > laptop bought one year before.
>
> Did anything change? Is this the same system/install which used to last
> 4 hours on idle? Or, when you say "brand new bought one year before",
> you mean it wasn't used before?
>
> --
> Nuno Silva

Battery life can change over time. I've had batteries that after a couple of
years just didn't last as long. I've purchased a few replacement batteries
from Amazon and one of them didn't hold charge at all.

1 year is pretty short but possibly he might buy a new battery as
a test. They generally aren't overly expensive.

Or how about booting just to a console and testing how long
the machine stays up?