Hi there,

I just encountered a problem regarding binary packages and got some broken
packages and I don't know how to solve this permanently; On my buildhost I
compile all packages I need for several VMs and install only those packages I
really need on the target machines.

Problem combination:

* net-fs/samba-4.15.12-r2 has a direct dependency to sys-libs/liburing.
* dev-db/mariadb does not have a dependency to liburing, but during build, if
liburing is available it will use it for some reason yielding a binary that
links against it:

Buildhost-server ~ # ldd /usr/sbin/mysqld
        linux-vdso.so.1 (0x00007ffec5b61000)
        libpcre2-8.so.0 => /usr/lib64/libpcre2-8.so.0 (0x00007fcfbd704000)
        libcrypt.so.2 => /lib64/libcrypt.so.2 (0x00007fcfbd6c9000)
        liburing.so.2 => /usr/lib64/liburing.so.2 (0x00007fcfbd6c2000)
        ---

Installing that package on a target VM does not install liburing, hence
yielding a broken /usr/sbin/mysqld binary because the library is missing, and
the reason why I still have a consistent system on my buildhost is because
samba has it as dependency.

A quick on-the-fly solution is either manually installing liburing and adding
it to the world profile (@world is required otherwise emerge -c will remove it
again), or install mariadb by compiling it (not using emerge -k). But all of
them are somewhat unclean.

A) Is this a problem in the ebuild script of mysql because not taking care of
this?
b) Is this a problem of mariadb's configure/make script because of implicitly
using the library without being told so by ebuild?

Alex