I've been having grief with my mouse for a while, and all the help I can find is "how to adjust mouse speed", which is not my problem... and seems to be about the only thing that is adjustable ...

Basically even something as simple as left click doesn't work properly. I'm guessing it's timing related, but I can't find anywhere to adjust it. The symptoms are single clicks get interpreted as double or treble clicks, and when I try (especially in games) to do a "drag to select", the area the mouse drags over bears precious little resemblance to the are the mouse actually is. Combined with the "double click effect" it makes the mouse - randomly :-( ! - almost unusable.

It might well be tied into system lock-ups, as every now and then the system simply stops responding, as in either the mouse and keyboard just no longer work, or the mouse moves freely but the system just ignores it.

Basically I just don't know how - or where - to start debugging it

(systemd, kde system)

Cheers,
Wol