On Mon, Jun 05, 2023 at 04:35:41PM +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote
> Hello list,
>
> I'm still trying to find a terminal font (not an X font) to suit my
> deteriorating sight. Every terminal font I've found includes either
> a dot in the centre of the /zero/ character or a diagonal bar across
> it. Either of these makes a zero resemble an eight: 0, 8. I often
> need a magnifying glass to see which it is. I suppose it's meant to
> distinguish a zero from a capital o: 0, O, but this can be handled
> better in moderate to large font sizes such as I use, by sloping the
> shoulders of the zero to resemble those used in the publishing trade.

  Set...

consolefont="solar24x32"

...in /etc/conf.d/consolefont

  It is Y-U-U-U-G-E, coming in at 80 columns by 33 rows on my 1920x1080
text console.  And no dot in the centre.  But you may have problems
distinguishing zero from O and o. <G>

--
I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
frames, the first Browser Wars.  Searching for pages with AltaVista,