Harry Putnam schreef:
> What do I need to do to be able to view a quicktime video online?
>
> I see a couple of quicktime library packages but neithers website
> mention plugin tools for Mozilla.
>
> I'm guessing there are viewers available that employ these libs. But
> need to know what combination of things I need.

mplayerplug-in

net-www/mplayerplug-in
     Available versions:  2.80 2.85 3.11
     Installed:           3.11
     Homepage:            http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

MPlayer Media Types Supported
Window Media    wmv, avi, asf, wav and asx
QuickTime       mov and smil
MPEG Video and Audio    mpeg and mp3
Ogg Vorbis      ogg
AutoDesk FLI    fli and flc
Vivo    vivo
Real Player     ram and rm

is probably the best-known of these tools, but there are others;

there is a package called 'mozplugger', which supports several formats
(possibly more than mplayerplug-in), as well as the older
netscape-plugger on which it is based,; gxine creates a plugin for web
browsers (plain xine might do so as well, I'm not sure); so does
realplayer, iirc; and you can also install QuickTime itself using Wine
or Crossover Office, which will also give you a browser plugin.

HTH,
Holly