Hi Morgan:

On 20:41 Thu 10 Aug     , Morgan Wesström wrote:
> I'm trying to track down a regression in app-emulation/wine-vanilla.
>
> I've read https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bisecting_with_live_ebuilds and think
> understand how git bisect works and what it does, but three things are
> unclear
> to me.
understanding git bisect should be enough to keep you going..

> 1) Where should I store the git clone of the repository and how do I tell
> emerge to read the source files from there, when emerging the 9999 ebuild,
> instead of downloading them from the Internet as usual?

how about have a local clone of wine repository? and feed it to live ebuild
and you can do the bisect of this local repo..

$ git clone https://gitlab.winehq.org/wine/wine.git
$ pwd
/my/path/to/wine
# EGIT_OVERRIDE_REPO_WINE_WINE="file:///my/path/to/wine"  \
  emerge =app-emulation/wine-vanilla-9999

> 2) Can I tell emerge not to clean the build directory between bisects so it
> only recompiles the source files that actually changes between commits?
it would be great to have this feature, but I don't know..
or I'd not personally bother to go this way

> 3) In the wiki's test-zfs.sh script, the EGIT_OVERRIDE_COMMIT variables are
> poorly documented. What would the name of those be for
> app-emulation/wine-vanilla?
EGIT_OVERRIDE_COMMIT_WINE_WINE? have you checked the emerge log? it's obvious

--
Yixun Lan (dlan)
Gentoo Linux Developer