On Fri, Sep 8, 2023 at 8:23 AM Nuno Silva <nunojsi...@ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> There's also for example qcomicbook, if you have Qt on your system.

Yes, I have QT and qcomicbook emerged just fine (no dependency forest).
However, I found it useless: the menu lacks entries for custom zoom (I
mean, something like "+" and "-" that similar software offers). This is a
party killer for me.  Maybe it's hidden somewhere...
Anyway, I solved the problem by installing the current version of mcomix
from the sourceforge site. That would be version 2.3.0, whereas the
"stable" version in gentoo is 2.1.0!
(mcomix allows installing as non-privileged user in ~/.local/, hence it
does not conflict with portage. No dependencies needed to be installed, I
guess an up to date gentoo system alfready has what is needed.)

Thanks

Jorge