I have a program with an embedded copy of ffmpeg that is choking on a lack of
libva-glx.so.2.

Debian has it in a libva-glx package.
Manjaro has it in their general libva package.

On Gentoo there is no trace of it...  At least not until I use the 'ebuild'
tool to build the libva package manually and sic 'find' on the compilation
results.

Then I find
/var/tmp/portage/media-libs/libva-2.19.0/work/libva-2.19.0/va/.libs/libva-glx.so.2

So...  apparently it builds the glx support libraries in a *hidden* folder?
And I'm guessing then the ebuild's install phase fails to spot it?

I'm thinking this is probably worthy of a bug report, but I want to make sure
there's not some reason why these libraries are being left out on purpose
first.  Other distros have them, and I see at least one bug report about Steam
now requiring it, so it probably needs sorting out somehow...

LMP