On 2023-12-04, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I either started a thread on this a while back or it was mentioned
> inside another thread.  This has been popping up for months now.  Either
> I have something set wrong or there is a problem in a ebuild or
> something.  I just don't know what.  This is what I get.  I'm having to
> use this command because it does update everything else.  This however
> triggers the same as I get during a regular world update.
>
> root@fireball / # emerge -auDN ffmpeg mpv mplayer

A month or two ago, I had to give up on mplayer and replace it with
mpv [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mpv_(media_player)]. mplayer
required old versions of various libraries, and that was preventing
other things from getting updated because they depended on more modern
versions of those same libraries.

Do you really need both mpv and mplayer?