On 2023-12-12, the...@sys-concept.com <the...@sys-concept.com> wrote:

> It was a virtualbox upgrade (not kernel), the notification is on
> Gentoo host system running VM.

Were you trying to run guest additions on the host?

> I might be related to "app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions"
> Unmerging this package solved the problem, no more pop-up at login.

https://packages.gentoo.org/packages/app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions

  "VirtualBox kernel modules and user-space tools for Gentoo guests"

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/VirtualBox

  Guest Additions

  To install the Guest Additions, invoke the following command on the
  Gentoo guest system:

     root #emerge --ask app-emulation/virtualbox-guest-additions

You do not install Gentoo virtualbox-guest-additions on the Gentoo
host.